Whether you have an idea for a business or project, or already run one, this legal bootcamp will cover the nuts and bolts of business law.
- Tuesday October 11 2016 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- TRU Generator (Basement, House of Learning Building - TRU), 900 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC,Canada
Learn about some key fundamentals from a legal perspective when starting a business.
After attending this bootcamp, you will gain a better understanding of general legal concepts and spot legal issues before they become real problems.
What we will cover:
- Starting a business - how to start or structure a company; the pros and cons between sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation
- Do I need all those corporate documents? - discussion of shareholder agreements and stock option plans
- Employment matters - minimum standards under Employment Standards Act, confidentiality issues, non-compete issues, collaborative arrangements
- Agreements - things to keep in mind when entering agreements and the case for plain-language!
Presented by: Katrina Leung co-founder of Intuos Law