An overview of the basics to running a society or non-profit in BC and general legal concepts and issues.
- Wednesday October 12 2016 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- TRUSU Boardroom (Campus Activity Center), 900 McGill Road, Kamloops, BC, Canada
Starting a society or non-profit? Need a refresher on some of the fundamentals and concepts relevant to societies and non-profit organizations? Register for this one hour session, hosted by Intuos Law.
After attending this workshop, you will gain a better understanding of general legal concepts and spot legal issues before they become real problems.
What we will cover:
- Structuring and Starting a Society - basics of structuring and incorporating a society and drafting by-laws/constitution
- Transitioning a Society - how the new Societies Act that will impact all societies across the province
- Good-governance practices and board management
- Volunteer and employee management
Presented by: Katrina Leung co-founder of Intuos Law